Special Credit Opportunities
Vision Brazil Investments is a leading player in Special Credit Opportunities, with focus on:
- Legal Claims
- Restructured Debt
- Corporate Distressed Credit
- Consumer Credit
With a seasoned team of professionals dedicated to sourcing, investing and monetizing these investment strategies, Vision Brazil Investments continues to look for opportunities that offer asymmetric returns.
In Natural Resources, Vision Brazil Investments focuses on three distinct segments:
Vision Brazil Investments manages more than 335,000 hectares of agricultural land. In 2008, Vision Brazil Investments created and sponsored TIBA Agro, one of the largest agricultural projects in the Brazilian “CERRADO”. The investment focus is on land transformation, i.e., turning raw or unproductive land into fully productive farmland. As of June 2013, four farm properties, corresponding to an aggregate area in excess of 100,000 hectares, have been exited.
VBI Timberland is a dedicated Timber Investment Manager, aiming to provide Institutional investors with access to investment opportunities in Brazilian Timber. Some of the key drivers supporting this initiative are as follows:
- Timber is growing as an asset class, offering capital appreciation, protection against inflation while having low correlation with other asset classes.
- Consumption of timber-related products has been increasing worldwide, outpacing the development of new sustainable supply sources. Additionally, increasing regulation, monitoring and environmental awareness by consumers are creating obstacles for the deforestation of natural forests.
- Brazil’s favorable natural conditions and continuous R&D efforts have allowed for a significant shortening in the development cycle of plantation trees, attracting new industries that consume timber.
- Timber investments can also be a strong contributor to environmental and social development in rural regions.
- VBI Timberland’s investment platform aims to offer a diversified portfolio of timber projects in Brazil to supply the existing and growing pulp and paper, sawmill, pig-iron and energy industries.
- VBI Timberland follows Socially Responsible Investment and Operational practices.
In March 2008, Vision Brazil Investments deployed proprietary capital to launch APUAMA Energias Renováveis S.A., with focus on the development, construction and operation of Small Hydro Power Plants (“PCHs”).
The scope of Vision’s initiatives in the renewable energy segment also includes:
- Co-generation of energy out of agricultural by-products
- Wind Farms and Solar Power Plants
Vision Brazil Investments has been investing in Real Estate since 2006 when it took an equity position in a residential development.
Vision’s first dedicated Real Estate Fund, Brazil Real Estate Opportunities Fund I, was launched in 2008 and in 2010 the Real Estate team spun out to create a dedicated Real Estate firm. Following this, Vision’s focus shifted to the Northeast region of Brazil where GDP growth rates are relatively more robust when compared with the rest of the country.
Since April 2013, Vision Brazil Investments has been deploying proprietary capital in the development of an investment idea denominated Rural-to-Urban Conversion. With a focus on mid-sized cities, this investment thesis is geared towards transforming rural land into urban developments.